Email, Spam & Virus Filtering
Spam and Junk mail plagues many organizations, filling Inbox and servers with unsolicited, offensive and often infected emails that can cause a range of issues to a corporate network.
Ensuring companies have a strong Spam Filtering solution is more of a necessity now than it has ever been due to the ever increasing threat posed by spam and malware. Approximately 89% of all emails are spam, resulting in an estimated 260 billion spam emails sent every single day!
As partners of the Symantec Anti Spam Cloud (Message Labs) we are able to offer this award winning and highly effective Spam Filtering service to all our clients, catching around 98% of unsolicited emails and malware before it reaches a client’s network.
Using data from the Global Intelligence Network, which leading security analysts use to track emerging trends in attacks, malicious code activity, phishing and spam, here are some key highlights from the threat landscape during 2011:
- Message Labs Spam Filtering blocked a total of over 5.5 billion malware attacks in 2011, an 81% increase over 2010.
- Web based attacks increased by 36% with over 4,500 new attacks each day.
- 403 million new variants of malware were created in 2011, a 41% increase of 2010.
- 39% of malware attacks via email used a link to a web page.
- Mobile vulnerabilities continued to rise, with 315 discovered in 2011.
Spam Filtering externally of a business’s network stops the threat before it reaches a client’s email server, which means the processing of these threats are undertaken by the Message Labs server. The end result is improved efficiency and performance on the clients email server, Inbox almost free of Junk mail and a network far more secure with the reduced threat from malware and malicious code.